Tuesday, February 2, 2010

No More

Emily had her yearly testing today for her kidney reflux. Every year there is a 20% chance that she will "outgrow" her reflux, and I guess this was our lucky year. Jeff and I were both sure that she would still have reflux and I had geared myself up to do battle with her doctor over our difference of opinions over her treatment, but after a horrible half hour for Emily we were told that her test didn't show any more signs of reflux. I'm excited to have no more (expensive) testing, no more antibiotics, no more probiotics to counterballance the antibiotics, and no more stress about her being on antibiotics for years or trying to potty train a child with reflux.

I personally feel that we were due some good news in the medical department, especially after learning last week that due to bad enamel on Max's 2 year molars he already has three cavities that we need to take care of. (Apparently this happens occasionally and they aren't sure why. It has nothing to do with genetics or his hygene.)

We were so excited by our good news the whole family went to Burger Dude (aka. Rich's Burgers) for lunch. Mmmm. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

3 comments:

Amy K said...

That is great news!! What a relief. Good to see you guys the other night. :) Until next time!

Kari said...

Fabulous news! How wonderful that you can say goodbye to the antibiotics and doctor trips! Yay, Emily! And happy belated birthday!

Meghan said...

That is wonderful! I'm so glad you don't have to worry about that anymore.