Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Little One Armed Girl

I'm not sure if we are bad parents, our children are just accident prone, or what, but Emily broke her arm on Saturday. She was on the trampoline with Max and must have landed on it wrong, since she didn't fall off the trampoline. Jeff and I were making dinner and weren't watching the moment it happened. She's got two tiny breaks, one above her elbow and one below. The plan is to just splint it, for the time being at least, until it gets better. She was so cute at the doctors yesturday showing the receptionists her hurt hand. (We thought it was her hand because that is were all the swelling was.) I can't believe what a trouper she is about being one armed. It's amazing how resilient these little kids are. She doesn't let it slow her down at all. So far it's a lot easier than dealing with a 45 lb. boy with a broken leg.

In case you didn't notice, Emily is sporting a new "boy" haircut. I decided to butch her hair Saturday night in the hopes that it will maybe come in a little thicker.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Poor girl! That's why I thought for a second she was Max before I read what you wrote. I couldn't put my finger on it. She still looks cute and it is probably easier to do.

Meghan said...

Oh- I'm so glad she's a trooper about it. Poor thing! Hopefully she'll recover quickly.

whitewaterwoman said...

I'm glad she didn't break her leg like Max did. You would have a real hard time carrying her around right now!