Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas

We had a great Christmas and we were lucky enough to have half of my family over to spend the evening and day with us. I had Max and Emily pick out a small gift for each other because I wanted them to start thinking about giving at Christmas, not just about what Santa was going to bring them. It took a little convincing to talk Max out of giving Emily a truck, but we finally got him to think of something SHE would like. They opened their gifts from each other on Christmas Eve, which was nice because they're gifts got a lot of attention instead of getting lost in the pile of presents the next morning.

Max picked out a Polly Pocket mermaid for Emily. She spent the rest of the evening "swimming" and singing for her little mermaid. Emily picked out a monster truck for Max. It's one of those cars that you can pull back and it will then propel itself forward. It was fun to see how excited they were to give their presents to each other.


And here's the reason I stopped blogging again last month:


I was spending all of me free time building this play kitchen for the kids for Christmas. It's hard to work on stuff like this with three kids, one of them a nursing baby. It turned out so cute, and I'm trying really hard to not nitpick about all the little imperfections. I got the plans from this website. She has free plans to build practically everything. I made the kids beds this spring from her site, that I never blogged about because I was lazy. Next on our plans is the play house with attached swing set. Oh, and a bed for our room. And some shelves to hold my fabric.





The kids played with their kitchen for a while and enjoyed their stockings while Jeff got breakfast in the oven and we waited for Seth and Jessica to arrive. The kids also got hooded bath towels that my wonderful friend engraved their names on, matching dresses for Emily and Jane, and Max got a piggy bank and his own soccer ball. He was trying to drag his dad and uncles outside all day to play soccer with him.


It was such a nice relaxing day, especially since I was finally done with my Christmas crafts. I've got to scale back next year because the holidays are not very fun when I have too much on my plate. Now I'm just trying to summon enough energy to take down the Christmas decorations.

5 comments:

Aimee said...

That kitchen is amazing!

I am seriously impressed.

We got Samantha a kitchen for Christmas, but I had to drop a chunk of change for a hunk of plastic.

Plus, your kids are dang cute!

Ines said...

I am so impressed with that kitchen. You are so inspiring! Hope you had a great holiday. We miss seeing you guys.

Shannan said...

Wow, you did such a great job on that kitchen! No wonder they played with it for hours and hours. Where did you end up putting it?

Lesley said...

That kitchen is incredible! I almost started to LOL when you said you had made beds for them but were to "lazy" to blog. Ummm... I think maybe to "busy" to blog would have been a better choice of words :-)

Raquel said...

You are so incredibly talented!!! I love that you can make so many amazing things with your hands. The kitchen is absolutely adorable! Thanks for linking the website you use as well. It has some really cute stuff.