Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Birthday Week

Last month we ended January with Emily's 3rd birthday. We didn't do anything big for Emily's birthday this year, but we did have my dad and his wife over. She loved being sung to and loved her new dress, Belle Polly Pocket, her wooden dress up dolls and her new barbie. I can't believe how grown up she has gotten this last year! She definitely has a mind of her own, which can be both great and aggravating. I often wonder where my chubby little toddler went. We love you, Goosey Girl!
Five days later we celebrated Max turning 5. He wanted cupcakes instead of a cake, so we made a number five with the cupcakes. We decided to have his two buddies, Drew and Gage, over for lunch last minute for a healthy meal of hot dogs, chips, and birthday punch followed by cupcakes and ice cream. Max got an aircraft carrier for his Hot Wheel airplanes (He's been asking for it for about 6 months) and a wooden race car that he got to paint and decorate himself. He also got a game, Richard Scarry's Busytown, from Grandpa Marc and Grandma Sharon. It's been a big hit with the whole family.


After lunch we met Jeff's family at the Hill Aerospace Museum and spent the afternoon looking at planes. Max loved the airplanes (as did all of the "boys"). It was fun to finally go after talking about it for the last four years. It was a perfect fun, but low-key birthday. I just can't believe that Max is five years old. When did all of my babies get so big!?! I've decided this is a great age. Lot of questions and curiosity about the world. Max has become such a great helper to me and is a hard worker and great big brother.

*For my birthday this year I got a Silhouette machine, which I used to make birthday banners. Thanks Jeff!! (You don't have to wait until your actual birthday to open and use your presents when your the mom, right?)*

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I can't believe our kids are getting so old and big! That cupcake cake is a really cute idea! Happy (late) birthday week!