Monday, May 4, 2009

15 month check-up

Emily had her fifteen month check-up today. She's had a growth spurt and was 50% on her weight (22.5 lbs.) and 70% on height (31 in.). I don't know why it matters, but I was really hoping she'd get back up on her height percentage. It seemed weird to me that Jeff and I would produce a child who would be in the 20% for height like she has been the last couple of check-ups.

The picture is Emily doing her kissy lips. She sure can pucker them up and gives the sweetest kisses, even if Jeff doesn't think so. (He has an aversion to anything slobbery.) She says three words that we can recognize: shoe, hi, and drink. She loves to accessorize. She always wants a pair of shoes on and loves carrying around anything that resembles a purse. She also loves hats, necklaces, bracelets, dresses, etc. The last few months she has gotten very loud in expressing her opinion and has quite the squawk when things aren't going the way she would like. It sure makes church interesting and embarrassing. I'm hoping as she learns to talk she'll outgrow it. She definitely has no problem communicating what she wants with such a limited vocabulary. She sure is a cutie and we love having her in our family!

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Kind of like how Mike and I wonder how we can produce a child that is only in the 10th percentile for her weight!!! (Ellie)
Emily is very cute. I LOVE that she can accessorize-my girls and I have more shoes and bags than all the boys put together (and then some!!)

Erin said...

Her kissy-face is pretty cute and with the open mouth looks pretty juicy too! She sounds so grown-up all of a sudden. You will have to post some pics of her all dressed up with her accessories. She is a cutie!

Burdick Family said...

She is so cute Adrienne! Girls are so fun! I love having a boy now too! He's a blast! PS I made some freezer jam so we will see how it runs out! See you soon! :)

Shannan said...

She kind of has some jowls like Max did. I bet that makes those puckered lips even sweeter!

Ines said...

What a girlie girl! I think that it's ok for girls to be on the short side, but she'll probably have a growth spurt later on. She's such a cutie.

heather said...

Love the kissy lips photo!

Flying monkey clan said...

your photos are Soooo cute!! what beautiful kids!