Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Conversation

Jeff and Max made me pancakes this morning. I could tell when they brought them to me that Jeff had been coaching Max to tell me, "Happy Mother's Day!". It was so cute and sweet and Max remembered what he was supposed to say and then they left me to enjoy my breakfast in bed while they went back downstairs to eat their own breakfast. After Max was done eating he came to check on me.

Max: "Where's your pampakes, Mommy?"
Me: "I ate them."
Max: "You ate them?"
Me: "Yeah, I ate them. They're in my belly."
Max: (In an aggravated tone and pointing his finger repeatedly at me) "Aughhh! Those were for Mother's Day!"

6 comments:

Brittney said...

Soooo cute!!!! Kids are the best!

Ines said...

What a cute story! He's so funny.

Shannan said...

That's too funny! I love 3 year olds - most of the time. :)

Erin said...

How dare you eat your Mother's Day pampakes! Funny Max.

Tiffany said...

How nice to eat a meal alone. I like that idea!! Cute Max too!

whitewaterwoman said...

I wonder what Max thought you should do with those pampcakes??