Saturday, September 26, 2009

Low Point - High Point

Low Point:
Yesterday I was having one of those days with Max. He woke up from his nap in a MOOD. He screamed he wanted a drink. I filled his sippy cup and he screamed because I was doing it. I stopped and he screamed because I didn't fill it up all the way. I filled it up all the way and he screamed because I filled it TOO full. I was loosing my temper and decided that I needed a time out, but it's hard to have an effective time out when you can still hear your 3 1/2 year old yelling at the top of his voice at you no matter were you go in the house. I was getting more upset so I tried to take Emmy with me to the park down the street to calm down, but Max followed behind us screaming at the top of his lungs. And apparently the weather was so nice that the ENTIRE street was outside to witness the spectacle. I felt like the Mother of the Year.
High Point:
Jeff and I went to The Scarlet Pimpernel tonight at the Hale Center Theatre. I've been wanting to go to this play for years and didn't buy tickets soon enough last time they did the production, so when I saw they were doing it again I immediately bought us tickets. (This was over a year ago.) It was amazing! I've never seen such an incredible set, the costumes were fantastic, and the actors (especially Percy) were wonderful. With the cost of tickets, dinner, and a babysitter it was a very spendy date (for us) and well worth it.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

We all have those Mother of the Year moments...Poor Max, he was having a bad day. Wait, I mean, poor you, Max was having a bad day!

Glad you went on a fun date like that. Good for you.

Erin said...

We've had our screaming episodes out in the neighborhood as well. I am so jealous you went to the Scarlet Pimpernel. That is one of my all time favorites. The soundtrack is awesome. I am glad you guys were able to go out for a nice date and get a little break from the kids.

Aimee said...

Oh yes, the neighborhood is familiar with my yelling and Charlie's screams as well. That's what we get for keeping almost all of our windows open during the day.
Your date sounds like a lot of fun! Spendy dates are worth it once and a while. Sometimes a rental from Redbox and drive-thru Wendy's just doesn't cut it (at least for me).

Maren said...

Love the screaming meltdowns when there is NOTHING you can do correctly. Comforting thought: other mothers know exactly how you feel.

Stecky said...

I am NOT laughing at your incident, but there is a huge smile on my face. Try having that in a store and as you gently touch your 'actor's arm' to divert their attention in a postitive way, they scream "Owwwwww, you're hurting me." Everyone looks, you really were barely touching him, trying to diffuse a volitol situation. Aww I guess remembering the tantrums helps me be grateful for teenagers.

Meghan said...

I've always wanted to see Scarlet Pimpernel. I'm so jealous! But after the day you had, you deserved a good night out!

Brittney said...

That sounds EXACTLY like episodes I used to have with Sam and Ben ALL the time. Sam has grown out of it.....Ben, ummmm not so much, BUT they are getting less if that gives you hope! I got to go to the Scarlet Pimpernel too and I LOVED it!! I am looking forward to going again it a couple years! :)