Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Crafts, part 1


I obviously can't post some of the Christmas presents I've been working on, but Emily doesn't keep up on the family blog so I think I'm okay to post this one. I love the flannel section at Joanne's and when I saw this yellow, flowery fabric I just had to have it. I really wish I could girl up Emily's "gender neutral" bedroom, but since it is the most done room in the house and we have so many other projects I want to do it just doesn't make sense to redo it, so this is a little bit of a compromise. I got to make a girly quilt and use the Christmas money to do it! The white squares are a really soft minky fabric that I just love. Emily's really into soft things so I think she'll really like her snuggly little quilt. Oh, and I found out that I could do free motion quilting with my sewing machine and it is so fun! (Although I'm not very good at it!)

4 comments:

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

Wow, that looks amazing!! I love it! I wish I knew how to quilt, that is something I would love to learn! I am sure she will love it! I hope we get to see you this Christmas when we are in town!! The kids and I come out next week and Nate will join us after his finals.

Erin said...

Emily's quilt looks so cute! I might have to hit you up for some help on a quilt for Ellie's room (unless I get impatient and ask Amy to help me). I would like to redecorate her room since we moved her into a new bed but I put way too much work into it already so I think it needs to stay the way it is for a while so I am thinking of trying to use the scraps from her wall quilt we made.

Ines said...

Totally cute quilt! Love the colors you chose.

Lesley said...

I've decided that you are the craft superwoman. I've always wanted to learn how to do these quilt tops and I love the project you were working on last night. We need more craft nights (after the holidays).