Saturday, November 29, 2008

Have you ordered a turkey that's a whopper?

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Jeff's family and then went with Erin, Brian and Ellie and Brian's brother Craig and his wife Cammie and their three girls to cut down our Christmas tree Friday morning. When we got home early that evening we began cooking for our "Chinese Thanksgiving" meal with my Dad and Sharon. (Can I just say, "YUMMY!" We had won-tons, lettuce wraps, tiny-spicy chicken, and beef and broccoli and then had pumpkin pie for dessert.) We especially enjoyed having it at our house since we were able to put our kids to bed and didn't have to drive home. We all slept in this morning and then got to work putting up the Christmas decorations. Max and Emily were both so excited while we were decorating the tree. Emily danced to the Christmas music (that girl sure loves to wiggle and shake!) and Max made mischief and mayhem all day long.

I love Christmas decorations and am so excited to spend the next month enjoying our Christmas lights. I asked Jeff if we could move one of our couches into the living room while we have out tree up. I can't wait until we can buy furniture for our living room. Sigh. We've hung our "holly on the door" and I've "got a crazy feeling that I'm gonna hit the ceiling". I guess we're bound to have a Christmas like we've never had before! (Can you tell we've been listening to Ruth Lion? If you're not a member of my family, I'm sure you have no idea what I'm talking about - sorry!) I hope everyone else in feeling happy and in the Christmas spirit. I just love this time of the year!!!

8 comments:

Ines said...

Hand me over some lettuce wraps! I love those. I also remember your dad's homemade nachos. Yum! Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.

Maren said...

Your post font is in Webdings. How did Ines read it?

adrienne said...

Sorry about that. I use Mozilla and it looks normal using that web browser. Hopefully you can read it now.

heather said...

Look at you go! Nice decorations...your Emmy is a lot like our Emmy in the dance and "shake it" department.

Tiffany said...

Perhaps Luke can come stay at your house for the holidays!?

Shannan said...

I love Christmas decorations! I finally got most of mine up. I love your stockings. And I am sad to miss out on your Chinese food dinner. All that food sounded so good!

Erin said...

Your decorations look lovely. Am I the only one in the family who doesn't decorate the tree to Ruth Lyons?

whitewaterwoman said...

We listened to Ruth Lyons on Thanksgiving, much to Jim's dismay. Kaitlyn and Rachael have almost memorized all the words to the songs.