Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Talk Is Over!!!! Yeah!

Just an update on how the big talk went today. I actually feel really good about how my talk went. I was really nervous all morning and couldn't eat much breakfast and then felt sick when we got to the church and sat up on the stand. We had a few minutes before the meeting started, so I went into an empty room by myself and said a prayer. I felt a lot calmer after that. It wasn't as scary looking out at the whole church as I thought it would be. It was actually calming to see so many faces of being that love and care about me and my family. I was nervous when I started speaking, but I felt calm pretty quick and was able to say what I wanted and was even able to wing some parts instead of just reading the whole thing like I had planned on. My hands were still shaky the whole time, but I don't think anyone but the bishopric could really tell. It was so nice to have early church and be done with my talk by ten. Jeff did a great job on his talk and it was nice to be able to relax and enjoy it since I was done speaking. Unfortunately, Max was in a "mood" today and ended up sitting on the stand with us even though my neighbor had said he could sit with them. (Jeff said, and I agree, that it would have been easier to dress a badger this morning.) He wasn't too bad and my good friend had Emily so I was able to enjoy Sacrament Meeting more than usual. It was very nice to get home from church and take a good nap this afternoon. Now I can get back to stressing about all the Christmas crafting that I've got going on.

9 comments:

Erin said...

Yay! I knew you could do it. Don'tcha just love that feeling right after you are done? I can't believe Max sat on the stand with you and did okay up there. I think Ellie would be all over the place.

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

So glad it's done!
It's so funny though how there is always something to stress about... although christmas crafts are a lot funner than a talk for sure!

Tiffany said...

I enjoyed Jeff's talk, I thought Max was well behaved, and I'm sure I would have enjoyed your talk, but Emily couldn't be anywhere she could hear your voice... Good job. I admire you for doing what was hard, when it could have been easy to tell them no.

Danielle and Fam said...

Good work Ade!
I wish I could of heard you!

whitewaterwoman said...

I thought about you yesterday as I sat in Sacrament meeting. Afterwards I wondered how your talk had gone. If my church wasn't at the same time, I would have come to hear you speak.

Shannan said...

I'm glad you have it over with and I am glad that it went better than you thought it would. Hooray! What a great feeling!

Lesley said...

You did such a great job Adrienne and so did Jeff. I felt the spirit in the meeting and felt that I had been taught. Thanks so much for sharing.

Ines said...

Way to go Adrienne! I knew you had it in you. Can't wait to see all your crafts (hope you'll post them?)

Maren said...

Yaaaaaaay! It's not so bad, right? Way to go and kick a level out of that fear.