Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Deso Trip, Day 5

Day five was pretty mild rapids. We were a little behind were we wanted to be so we were up early and trying to get on the river and get moving so that we could get home at a decent time. We spent the day rowing and had a few water fights along the way, which helped make the time go faster. We rafted up for lunch instead of pulling off to save time and got to the take-out around 2:00 pm.

My mom's trailer had broken down close to the put-in when Nick and Joey had taken off to run shuttle our first night. Luckily my mom had a Sat phone and was able to work things out for us to get a trailer to bring the boats and gear home in, thanks to her friend, Lee.

The last day you're always anxious to get off the river and home. Usually by the end of a trip everyone knows how to help and work together to get things done quickly and by 3:30 we were loaded up and headed home.

I was pretty anxious to see Max and Emily. I have the best in-laws in the world, who offered to bring our kids to our house instead of us having to drive the 2 hour round trip to pick them up, so we were able to get most of our stuff unpacked and put away before they got here. Max seemed pretty excited to be home and was his usual self, but Emily wanted nothing to do with me and would cry when I held her. It was pretty late when they got home so after Jeff's parents took off we put them to bed and she had mostly warmed back up to me the next morning and only wanted Mom tonight when Jeff got home, so I guess things are back to normal.

It was a great trip and so relaxing. Jeff did a great job rowing, I was so proud of him! Shannan said to me a couple of times that he looked as happy as a clam the entire time, and I think she was right. I especially enjoyed watching how much fun Kaitlyn and Rachael had. It made me so excited to bring Max and Emily in a few years.

6 comments:

Meghan said...

What a fun trip! I sure miss being on the river and was sad we weren't with you. You're braver than I am- I don't think I could've ran those rapids in a one-man duckie.

Shannan said...

I am mad that you have the whole Deso trip posted already. I was already feeling pressured about getting it all down, and now I am sure I won't be able to remember anything. I might just have to cut and paste from you! It really was a fun trip. I am so glad we were all able to go.

Emily Jane said...

So FUN! You crazy woman, rapids in a duckie :) I got nervous for you as I read your story.

Shelly said...

Your trip looks like it was so much fun! I loved seeing all your fun pictures!! Its funny I remember when you and Jeff went down the last time....time does fly doesn't it!!


PS your swimsuit was SO cute!!!

Lesley said...

Adrienne I loved reading the posts about your river trip. I went on 2river trips as a teenager and loved them. I'm impressed with how knowledgable and adventurous you are.

Alese said...

I love the pictures! It looks like you had so much fun!