Thursday, July 16, 2009

Last night we went from this:


To this:
Doesn't it look lovely?! We're ready for your visit, Shannan, although there's no longer a toilet, just a hole in the floor. And the walls are sticky and yellow. Not to mention some remains of wallpaper in the tub. And the floor is partly torn up. And the cabinet is taken apart. Maybe there's still a little more work to do. ;) I am so very excited to have ONE bathroom that feels nice and clean - and colorful. I love me some color!

At least I can cross painting the hallway off my list:


P.S. I hate wallpaper.

8 comments:

Lesley said...

I totally agree with you on the wallpaper. 20 years ago when it was all the rage I loved it....but now as I've dealt with the removal of it over the past few years, I'll never wallpaper again. Bathrooms are a fun project. I can't wait to see how it turns out. The hallway looks wonderful.

Shannan said...

I think it looks better with yellow sticky walls than it did with the striped paper. And, hey, I can use a hole in the floor! Isn't that what we will be doing on the river anyway? By the way, I want to stop and see you on Saturday. I will call you tomorrow to discuss...

Aimee said...

Also hate wallpaper. There is hideous wallpaper in the boys' room that I have been dying to take down once I have the energy. I'm also itching to do some cute wall art in Samantha's room. Your projects always inspire me to attempt creativeness (usually my ideas are as far as I get).

Erin said...

It looks like you are making progress. Can't wait to see the completed project.

heather said...

The paint looks great! You are the woman!!!

Meghan said...

I can't believe you've almost redone your whole house already. You are on a roll. I hope the bathroom turns out just like you envision it.

Teresa Davidson said...

It is looking good. I found out after buying our house that the number 1 thing that I hate doing is painting. I don't know why its not too hard but I just hate it. The bathroom looks so much better without the strips! I can't wait to see what it looks like when it is done.

Brittney said...

looks great! my hall needs paint too....are you for hire?! ;)