Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

I've been putting of posting several things, so I'm just going to do a quick summary of the last month and move on with my life. :)
Jeff took Max to the Stake Father and Son's camp out at the end of May. Max did great and I really enjoyed having only one child to take care of. It sure seemed easy putting just Emily to bed that night!

We were able to visit the zoo earlier this month while Meghan and Jay were here for Jay's brother's wedding. We had originally planned on going to Cherry Hill, but I think we were all glad we changed our plans since it rained off and on the whole day. I sure miss having all of my siblings close by, but I'm glad we get to see them as often as we do.

My booth went okay on Saturday. I only sold hair accessories, so I was glad I had added those into the mix. I'm not to worried about things, though. I had a lady ask if I taught lessons and since this is one of several people who have asked me this I think I might need to seriously consider teaching sewing. I also had a lady ask me about alterations, which seems to be something I've been doing a bit of lately through no effort on my part, really. I'm planning on listing my stuff in my Etsy and Artfire stores and then taking a little Foggy Notions vacation. I've got a cheap bathroom redo in mind that I'm pretty excited about and want to get done before my sister and her family come to visit next month.

Other things we've been up to include camping with Jeff's family last week. I didn't take a single picture, but we had a great time and it was a much needed vacation. Also, I took Max to his first movie in the theatre on Saturday. We thought that would be a good reward for being a big boy - you know, who doesn't wear diapers anymore. We saw "UP" which was cute, but had some parts that Max thought were a little scary. Now I just have to make it through the next few months of heat. I hate summer. It makes me hot and ornery. I think I might be the only person in Utah who has loved the long, cold, rainy spring this year.

6 comments:

Erin said...

I couldn't see any of your pics :( Ellie thought UP was pretty scary also, although not bad enough that she wanted to go home (we are definitely going to stick to "G" movies in the theater from now on - do they still have those?). I can't wait to hear about your plans for your bathroom (the downstairs one?).

Tiffany said...

I LOVED the Spring too. It gets way too hot in the summer to want to be outside to do anything.

Shannan said...

Was Up rated PG? I thought it was G. We loved it, and I don't remember it being too scary. I guess we have totally desensitized our kids. It's too bad more of your things didn't sell. At least you can use it in your shop. There is no pressure to finish your bathroom, by the way. :)

Ines said...

Trust me - you are not the only person you loved our long spring. All the rain has made me very happy. I hate being hot. It makes me not want to do anything, esp. cook!
Please let us know when Shannan gets here. We'd love to see all of you sometime this summer.

Aimee said...

I love that picture of the kids asleep in their carseats! We left church early this week because we had family over. Charlie was sooo mad he didn't get to go to nursery. He cried the whole way home saying, "Nursery! Play with Max!"

Kelli Proctor said...

way cute stuff! YOu are super talented!