Monday, August 31, 2009

Bathroom Redo, After

So, I've been putting off posting about the bathroom because it's not officially finished yet. But I finally decided that since the only thing we still need to do is the back-splash, and who knows how long it will be before we get it done, I better just go ahead and post some after pictures of our bathroom and be done with it.



Here's the bathroom before.




And here it is now. I am SO happy with how it turned out. I ended up painting the cabinets pink and I LOVE them! I want to get some glass knobs for the drawers, but I haven't been able to find what I want yet.
I actually ended up moving our shower curtain from the master bathroom because I couldn't find anything I liked. I love this shower curtain, but knew I didn't want to keep it in the master bath anyway. The walls are a butter yellow. I think it is such a happy and friendly yellow.

We ended up spending more than I had originally hoped, but at only $500 I feel like we still did a pretty good job on a small budget. That covers wallpaper removal; paint for the walls, ceiling, door, baseboards and cabinets; new light fixture, faucet, floor, baseboards, towel rod and toilet paper holder; new towels and bathmat; and accessories/decorations.

It makes me happy every time I walk by and look in my beautiful, clean, new bathroom. (I do have to say that I think it's kind of ironic that the first bathroom we redid was already the NICEST bathroom in the house, if you can believe that.)

8 comments:

Erin said...

It looks so good. I am glad you decided to post your pics instead of waiting.

Meghan said...

Wow! Nice job! Some day when I have a house, I'll have to get your advice on how to paint and decorate. It looks great, and so different from before.

Brittney said...

That turned out SO CUTE!! I love it! It IS a happy place! :) I ordered cabinet knobs for my kitchen online. They had a huge selection. I will email you the link.

Shelbee said...

You did a great job and I think it's awesome that you did all of it within your $500 budget! You rock!

Shannan said...

You did such a good job! And it makes it even better when you love how it turned out. I can't wait to see what you do with your downstairs bathroom - someday!

Lesley said...

The bathroom looks great!! I love your shower curtain too, and the pictures above the towels, they look so good togehter.

Ines said...

There's nothing like a new look to a room, esp. when it's as cute as this. Great job!

Maren said...

Looking good! That's a happy bathroom. Also, the goose on the loose --thanks for the smile. :)