Friday, November 13, 2009

Pumpkin Pancakes

Pumpkin pancakes are the favorite breakfast at our house right now. Sooo yummy and easy to make. If you love anything pumpkin (like I do!) you should definitely give them a try.

Pumpkin Pancakes
2 eggs
1 cup wheat flour (or white if you prefer)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbs. sugar

1 cup milk
1 cup pumpkin


Beat the eggs together then add the rest of the ingredients. Bake on a hot griddle. Makes about fifteen 4-5 inch pancakes.

This is the same recipe we use to make regular pancakes with just the cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin added. It's a very simple recipe and make very good pancakes.


These pancakes go great with Buttermilk Syrup. If a syrup could be life changing, this would be it. I have a hard time fighting of the urge to drink it, it is SOOOO good! (Thanks for the recipe, Danielle!)

Buttermilk Syrup:
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cube butter
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. white corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla


Bring buttermilk, butter, baking soda, sugar and corn syrup to boil and boil for 3 minutes. Take off heat and add vanilla.

I mass produce this recipe in batches. The most I can cook at one time is 3 X the recipe because the baking soda makes is bubble up A LOT. I'll make batch after batch until I use up all my buttermilk and then I freeze it in glass jars to pull out as we need it.

7 comments:

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

Yummm!! Sounds delicious, that is one I will definitely have to try! Thanks for sharing! To answer your question, I kind of used a pattern for Gabby's Halloween costume. I saw one in the store and then kind of adapted it in my head to how I thought it would work and then changed things I didn't like. It's not great, but it works!

Erin said...

Thanks! Now I know what to do with the leftover pumpkin in my fridge.

Lesley said...

They sound yummy! I love pumpkin stuff too. I'll admit I just ate a piece of pumpkin pie at Leger's earlier :-)

Stecky said...

I am fasting today....and this is tempting me! I will be trying this soon. Thanks for the recipes!

Danielle and Fam said...

Buttermilk syrup is the BOMB! Hope life is going well girl! Your halloween costumes are darling (as usual).

whitewaterwoman said...

I'm glad we're having these for Thanksgiving.

Maren said...

I've had this starred on my blog reader waiting to try it. Mmmmmmm. We had it tonight. Thank you!