Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween, 2009

Max and Emily were both so cute for Halloween this year. I didn't sew them costumes this year, but we made some unique costumes with some very cheap supplies. Max went as a robot and Emily went as a flower.

Emily was a little unsure about putting this big flower around her face, but she didn't mind once we got to the trick-or-treating and she realized that it would secure her a bucket full of candy. She got the trick-or-treating thing down right away, except that she didn't want to go the direction Mom wanted her to go.


I was really excited about Max's costume, but when it came time to actually trick-or-treating in it I realized how poorly I had thought it through. The poor kid could barely see for climbing up and down stairs. Since almost every single house in our neighborhood is split-entry, it only took us three houses to realize that we would need to relocate or it was going to be a long night. We decided that I should take the kids to the neighborhood next to ours were most of the houses don't have more than one or two steps and that worked a lot better. He was such a trooper, never complaining once, even when he couldn't get his candy from the bowl into his bucket. Oh well, he looked really cute and we got so many comments on his costume.

11 comments:

Erin said...

Their costumes turned out so cute. Especially Max's. I am glad he decided to be a robot instead of a princess (or did he have a choice in the matter?).

Burdick Family said...

So CUTE! You are always so creative! They are such adorable kids! Glad you guys had fun! PS remember the blog book site will you let me know what it is? Thanks Ade you are the best!

heather said...

I LOOOOVED their costumes..so cute!

Shannan said...

Oh, I was hoping to see Max in a fancy dress! No really, his costume was great. They both looked so cute and I bet Max looked more like a robot trying to navigate the steps, so it just added to his costume!

Meghan said...

You did such a great job on the costumes! I'm glad you figured out a good way to trick-or-treat with his costume. He did have limited visibility but it sounds like he handled it well.

Tiffany said...

They looked darling. Good job!

Lesley said...

They look so cute!!

Teresa Davidson said...

I was wondering why I didn't see you around the neighborhood. I am glad you guys had fun. The costumes are so cute.

Shelly said...

I love their outfits, Max's Robot costume is AWESOME!!! Great job!!

Kelli Proctor said...

haha! Such cute costumes! I bet you made them! I think I remember one year I was a flower, so fun...

Ines said...

Seriously awesome costumes!