Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Day In The Life....

Alarm goes off. Get out of bed and take a shower. Wake up Emily and feed and change her. Wake up Max and get him dressed. Finish doing my hair and getting ready. Get me and Max breakfast. Feed Emily again. Change Emily's diaper, put on shoes, grab Max's shoes and jacket, bag of quiet toys, diaper bag, coupon for car inspection and purse. Load Emily in her car seat, put shoes and jacket on Max (with Emily screaming in her car seat), grab car seat, Max and all our various bags and head out the door. Load Emily in the car, chase down Max in the front yard and load him in the car. Get to the muffler shop for the car inspection. Unload the stroller, both kids and all our stuff. Get inside and the guy asks for the registration. Realize I left it at home. Go back out to the car and load up the kids, stroller, and all our stuff. Drive back to our house, grab the registration, and drive back to the muffler shop. Unload stroller, kids, and bags, again. Fifteen minutes of chasing Max around the waiting room and the car is still in the parking lot. Load Max back up in the stroller and go for a walk. Get back from our walk and watch them finish up the car inspection. Pay for inspection, load up the kids, stroller and our stuff. Get back home just in time to feed Emily before lunch. Fix lunch and clean the kitchen. Lay Max down for his nap after two extremely messy diapers (one for each child) and chasing him around the house to get him upstairs to his room. Feed Emily and lay her down for a nap. Breathe a sigh of relief.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I bet you were ready for a nap also (I was after just reading about it)! I got our car inspected & the oil changed today but my experience went much more smoothly - in and out in 10 min. I thought about feeling guilty for things going so smoothly, but then remembered our road trip together and Ellie throwing up on me and realized that I deserved a good car experience.

adrienne said...

I was ready for a nap, but I had to find brake pads for my car and figure out some billing stuff from the hospital, plus our internet bill was wrong for the THIRD month in a row. After I figured all of that out I took a nap for a few minutes before the kids woke up. And I agree that you deserve a good car experience.

Ines said...

I was exhausted after reading this. That's real life though. Nowadays my kids just get in the car with me if they need a ride somewhere. I try to keep them home from shopping though, because they cost too much $$.