Friday, February 22, 2008

Tuckered Out


We have had kind of a stressful week with Emily. She had to get an ultrasound on Wednesday and then our pediatrician decided to put her on antibiotics because it looks like she might have a problem with her kidneys and we don't want her to get a urinary tract infection. The pharmacist told me the wrong amount to give her but we didn't realize it until her second night of taking her medicine. We ended up calling poison control because we were worried about what the overdose might do to her little body. Luckily she is fine. Today we had to take her in to get a VCUG, which basically means they stuck a catheter in her, drained her bladder and then filled it full of water and took a bunch of x-rays to see if urine is going back up her bladder into her kidneys. Needless to say, the poor little thing was just exhausted afterwards and fell fast asleep once I fed her after we got home. Hopefully next week will be better.

5 comments:

Shannan said...

I am glad you guys figured out her prescription was wrong before she had taken too much. Poor thing! I hope she is doing okay. She is so cute. I can't wait to see her in person.

Ines said...

I'm sorry your sweet Emily had to go through this. Hope things will be OK.
Sometimes it's even more stressful for the mom. How are you holding up?

adrienne said...

I'm doing pretty good. It isn't a life threatening issue or anything and is pretty easy to treat. I agree that it can be more stressful for the mom. I was trying not to cry several times during the VCUG.

Shelly said...

Poor thing, no wonder she is exhausted, she had a tough week! Hopefully its much better this week! Thats not fun for you either I am sure!

Erin said...

Poor little Emily. It is hard to see your kids not feeling well. I hope she is doing better.