Monday, April 14, 2008

Emily's Baby Blessing


We had Emily's baby blessing this last Sunday. All in all it was a pretty fun event. It feels like we have been preparing for the event for so long that it is good to finally have it come. We used the imputus of the blessing to get some projects done around the house. We are not quite sure what we will do with ourselves next weekend!

Our Sacrament meeting starts at nine in the morning so we had to get up fairly early to get everything ready, but not as early as all of those who had to travel. The meeting went well, and Jeff gave a nice blessing. Of course, by the time we got home from church Emily was ready to eat and take a nap, so she wasn't to happy while I was trying to get some pictures of her in her dress.




As with any thing of this nature, besides the blessing itself the best part is having family over. Not surprisingly there were a lot of games played and it was a lot of fun to spend time with our family. It did feel a little sad to me since only one of my five siblings was able to come. It seems my family has been moving away the last couple of years and I'm just now beginning to fully realize it! Luckily, my Uncle Chris and Aunt Ines and their three children were able to come up and spend the day with us, which was a lot of fun.



Since all of Jeff's family was able to come, we took the opportunity to take a family photo. We are so lucky to live close to Jeff's family and were glad that they could all make it to the blessing.

(Can you tell that Jeff wrote part of this blog? I don't usually use the word imputus in my daily life, but Jeff loves to bandy about big words.) ;)

6 comments:

Ines said...

We had so much fun at your house last Sunday. Thanks again for inviting us. It was kind of like the 'good old days'. As you can tell, our whole family LOVES to play games. And holding Emily was an extra bonus for us.

Bryan, Natalie, Maya and Little B said...

The dress looks even cuter on!

Shelly said...

Her dress is absolutely beautiful! And it looks like you guys had a great day...it was fun to run into you at Target!! We'll get together next time your up here!!

Shannan said...

I wish we could have been there. It sounds like you had a good time. And I am glad you got to spend time with family. I think that is the best part of those days, too.

Erin said...

Sunday was a good day. I didn't realize I was your only sibling there until we were driving home. It is kindof sad that we don't all live close to each other. On the other hand, it gives us extra incentive to visit somewhere new. Don't worry, we aren't planning on moving anytime soon. We scrapbookers need to stick together!

Meghan said...

That dress looks amazing! You are truly talented. Thanks again for making my wedding dress, by the way. I don't know if I ever really told you how much I appreciated that or how beautiful it was, but I am so lucky to have such a giving, talented sister. Thank you! And, of course, I wish Jay and I could've been there too. I miss being close to family, but glad we have these blogs to see what everyone is up to.