Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Relationship Tag

Where did you go on your first date? We went ice-skating and then back to Raymond Court which is where Jeff lived. It was a big group date with his roommates. Now for our second date we dressed up like animals at a fund-raiser for Jeff’s work. (He worked at the ice-skating rink back then.) We were supposed to be animals in an enchanted forest. I was a cat and Jeff was a rat. I’m putting this in here because Jeff is embarrassed about this and wishes I didn’t remember.

How long have you been together? Married 4 ½ years, been together 5 ½ years. We actually knew each other for three years before we ever went out because we were in the same ward. Jeff was the Elder’s Chorum president when I was in the Relief Society presidency and our roommates dated each other. We even ended up in an institute class together and sat by each other every day in class. I remember wondering in class one day if I could ever date him and decided that he was to weird. (He has a unique sense of humor.) :) I also remember talking to my friend Emily one time about what a great guy Jeff was and how it was to bad that things never went anywhere with the girls he dated.

Who eats more? It depends on what we’re eating. If it’s something sweet, than it’s definitely me, but if it’s fajitas than it’s Jeff!

Who said I love you first? Jeff, because I knew it would wig him out if I said it before he was ready, so I waited for him.

Who is taller? Jeff by two inches.

Who sings better? I do

Who does the laundry? I do, but I don’t usually do the ironing.

Who pays the bills? I do, but we try to do it together sometimes so Jeff knows what’s going on with the money. You would think Jeff would do more of our budgeting and finances, being an accountant!

Who mows the lawn? Jeff does

Who cooks dinner? I do usually, but Jeff helps out once or twice a week, unless I’m really on the ball and organized.

Who drives when you are together? Jeff does

Who is more stubborn? Definitely me, but Jeff can be stubborn too.

Whose parents do you see the most? We really try to give both our families equal time. When we lived closer to Jeff’s parents, we saw them more often, but we definitely saw mine more often during the year that my mom lived with us! ;) And, it’s hard to say because my parents are divorced, so how do you count the time?

Who kissed who first? Jeff kissed me and I was actually surprised he kissed me as soon as he did because he is not a quick mover. We dated for a year before we got married and Jeff felt like we were speed dating.

Who proposed? Jeff proposed to me. He took me up Logan canyon on a picnic. I had no idea even though we had decided to get married and I’d picked out my ring. He tricked me by telling me my ring wasn’t going to be ready for a couple of days and then snuck down to both of my parent’s houses earlier in the day, when I thought he was at work, to ask for their permission. When he asked me to marry him, I said, “Do you have my ring!?”

Who is more sensitive? Definitely me

Who has more friends? Jeff has more close friends

Who has more siblings? I do by one.

Who wears the pants in the family? Jeff does because his work frowns on the men wearing dresses. ;)

I tag Danielle, Shelly, Tiffany, and Heather

4 comments:

Shelly said...

That is so fun reading about you and Jeff..some of it I remember yet, I don't recall your dress up date! That is funny!!

Maren said...

I had no idea the two of you knew each other for so long before you started dating. I love these things. It's fun to learn new and random information about friends.

heather said...

That IS quite the second date story. And I had to laugh at your institute comment. I've dubbed this "Adrienne's Tag" on my blog. You are famous ;)

Tiffany said...

That is awesome that you thought Jeff was wierd. Mike bugged me on and off for all the years we were friends. One of the things that bugged me is I didn't think his jokes were funny (most of them still aren't :)! Isn't it funny how things change? Thanks for the tag.