Sunday, September 28, 2008

Our Little Talker

It seems like Max is talking better every day and it is so fun to hear what he comes up with to say. These are probably only interesting to me and Jeff and you miss so much when you don't actually hear it coming out of his mouth, but I wanted to document some of the funny/cute things he has said this last week.

A few days ago I was making blueberry muffins for breakfast. While I was putting the Crisco away after greasing the muffin pan, Max swiped the pan with a finger and stuck it in his mouth then stated, "It tastes yummy, Emmy!" (Max loves butter, margarine, shortening, etc. and is always trying to scoop out a bite with his fork or taking a bite out of a cube of margarine when I forget to lock the fridge. - Yes I am that anal about the childproofing in our house.)

Today during the sacrament, Max proclaimed, "That was so good!" after he ate the bread. Then when the water came he repeated this statement. I was trying so hard not to laugh and was failing miserably. I wonder how bad my cooking is that a teeny tiny piece of bread and drink of water are so delicious.

Emily loves to stand on her own recently, but can't get there on her own yet, so I will sometimes stand her up and let her hold on to her crib railing or whatever is available. She was standing in her crib tonight and Max told her, "So proud of you, Emmy!"

4 comments:

Shannan said...

It is great that you are documenting these little moments. You will want to remember them. It is so hard to remember everything unless you write it down! That's why I am so happy you got me into blogging. :)

Tiffany said...

So cute! Keep writing them down, it will be hard to imagine one day they really ever said some of the things they say!

Erin said...

I can totally hear him saying those things. It is was fun to hear what they come up with. We laugh many times a day thanks to Ellie.

heather said...

That is so cute...I love what he said to Emmy.