Saturday, September 27, 2008

Woman's Conference

The older I get the more I seem to enjoy church meetings, especially Woman's Conference. What a wonderful opportunity for us to go and refill our spiritual cups. Especially for someone with little children who often feels like I don't get much nourishment on Sundays because I am spending so much time battling little ones. A couple of things that I felt prompted to work on was regular temple attendance and recognizing and responding to personal revelation. My favorite part of the conference, though, was Elder Uchdorf's talk. His message really hit home with me, as I'm sure it did with many women. I especially enjoyed how he talked about us using our powers of creation in this life to make the world better. Maybe it was the subject of creation, but I think it was mostly just the power we have as women to create relationships, beauty, memories with our families, etc. What a great reminder to me of how we have all been blessed with individual talents that we can use to bless the lives of those around us!

7 comments:

Meghan said...

I agree with you about how the older we get, the more we look forward to and enjoy General Conference meetings. I don't know if you've read my most recent post but I talked about exactly what Pres. Uchtdorf touched on- not feeling talented enough and how I realize I need to focus on what talents I do have instead of what I don't. It was amazing that what he said addressed exactly what I had been thinking about this week. I feel so blessed that we have this gospel and that we can know that Heavenly Father loves us each individually and wants us to recognize our divine potential.

Ines said...

AMEN!

Erin said...

His talk was my fav too!

heather said...

I wish I could have gone to Women's Conference...Meghan spiked a fever right around the same time last nigt and I am SOOO sad I missed it. This makes me excited to read all of the talks. You are a great example of using your talents! I am always amazed at what you create.

Maren said...

I loved that conference. I have grown to love these meetings. What a boost.
When Pres. Uchtdorf started talking about getting down on ourselves for not being everything, it was like the whole congregation where I was sucked in its breath to take in exactly what it needed to hear. I don't know if I've ever felt a whole group in tune to words and emotions at the same time like that before.

Shannan said...

I just love Pres. Uchtdorf. Every time he speaks, I feel uplifted. I guess I feel I have a connection with him because he is German and my aunt is German. (That is a stretch of a connection, isn't it?) But I also heard him speak at my first Women's Conference at BYU a few years ago, and was absolutely uplifted by him then. I love these moments that help us keep going and give us hope.

whitewaterwoman said...

That's one of the things I missed last weekend on my sea kayaking trip. I'll have to find out when they are playing the rerun of women's conference. They do have rerun's, right?