Sunday, September 21, 2008

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Before I had Max I don't think I really appreciated how different boys and girls are. I guess my one, very quiet (at least when he's around our family!) brother didn't have much of a chance to open me up to the world of boys growing up in a house with a single mother and five sisters! Having a little boy has been such a learning and growing experience for me. He seems to have endless energy, curiosity, and an eye for making mischief. Along with this comes a love of all things transportation. He loves to point out helicopters and airplanes in the sky, and will point and squeal when a train goes past. His favorite toys are his cars and trucks.

Well, on Saturday we were invited to the Brigham City Airport appreciation day by Mike and Marianne (Mike has done some cabinetry work for the airport recently). I was only able to stay for a few minutes because the girls had Alese's bridal shower to go to that day, but Jeff stayed on with Max and some of the other men (and kids) in the family. Max had a blast looking at all of those airplanes and helicopters up close and even got to sit inside some of them. Definitely a fun day for our busy little boy!

8 comments:

Ines said...

Yep, that's a boy alright! All Dexter ever played with when he was that age was trains. I must say that I prefer that over dolls myself.

whitewaterwoman said...

How fun for Max. I bet he had a great time.

Shannan said...

He looks like he is in his element. Maybe a future pilot? I love the picture where he has the extremely mischievious look on his face!

Maren said...

Very cool. I'll bet he was just in boy heaven.

Erin said...

I love the last picture of him. Max is definitely all boy!

Danielle and Fam said...

BOYS ARE FUN!!!
Hey a little side note, I just saw big river this last week at Tuacahn, it totally made me think of you. We used to listen to that soundtrack at your house. Like the pig song! Come down and see it next week and we can hang out!

Shelly said...

What a fun way to spend the day...I bet he loved it! Those boys and there toys...

heather said...

I love that picture of Max! Have you ever been ot the Air Show in Clearfield...he would go nuts!