Tuesday, January 13, 2009

And finally...

Here are the last of the Christmas crafts that I made: the aprons. I made three of these "Emmeline" aprons, one for me, one for my sister, Shannan, and one for my sister-in-law, Alese. (Here's a little secret: This was the real reason I wanted to separate the siblings into boys and girls when we drew for Christmas gifts this year. I really wanted to make this apron and needed a good excuse!) I love this apron! I think it is cute and girly and makes you want to put on your apron and bake all day.

Then one night I was watching Jeff cook in his old apron that was a gift from an ex-girlfriend and I thought, "I should make Jeff an apron, too!" I figured he wouldn't want a figure flattering Emmeline apron, so I went with a more traditional style.

12 comments:

Lesley said...

Those aprons are so cute. There was a kiosk at the mall where they sold aprons for $30 and I thought to myself "I can make those". What pattern did you use? I'm thinking next Christmas. I'm just going to keep reading your blog and see what's up and coming :-)

Bryan, Natalie, Maya and Little B said...

Those are so cute!!! Are you selling them in your etsy shop?

heather said...

I am so happy you are selling on Etsy! My friend Saucy Frocks sells aprons and does really well.

Anne-Marie said...

Those are adorable! I'm going to have to hunt a pattern down for myself!!

Ines said...

Totally cute! I wish I was on your Christmas list.

Tiffany said...

I LOVE THEM! I was telling Lesley about them-I'm glad you posted a picture for her to see them for herself.

Lesley said...

Thanks for the info. You are my craft role model. Are you going to book club tomorrow?

Maren said...

Honestly, those are adorable. You've got mad skills on that sewing machine, Adrienne. I'm always so impressed. Anything I sew looks like a 5th grader did it, albeit a semi steady handed 5th grader.

Shannan said...

I love, love, love my apron! Could you sell those, too? Maybe not if the pattern is copyrighted. Hmmm, something to think about!

Shelly said...

I love those aprons...you did such a great job! I can't wait to see what you sell in your Etsy store! Hows the name coming along??? Good Luck!

Danielle and Fam said...

I WANT ONE TOO! I love how cute they are! Sell them can ya?

whitewaterwoman said...

Maybe you could make men's and women's aprons. You could create specialty aprons for barbecuing, hosting, baking, and for the river!