Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy Holidays

(First off, I just had to throw in this picture of Max because I think it is CRAZY that he was able to fall asleep like this!)

Do others feel like life has been a little crazy lately!?! I feel like there is so much going on right now and I haven't really been in a blogging mood, even though I have several things I want to post. We have had a busy couple of weeks. Being a little hectic before Christmas, Max and I didn't get around to decorating our gingerbread house until after Christmas. He did such a great job helping me decorate it and was mostly good about not eating the candy. (There was a specific reason he wasn't supposed to eat the candy, I'm not just a mean mom!) We threw it out about a week later when Max just couldn't seem to stop picking candy off of it and I was ready to rid my house of sugar after too many sweets the last couple of weeks. I'm thinking I might need to go on another sugar fast since the holidays have got me slipping back into bad habits.

We spent New Years Eve and Day at Jeff's parents. We had so much fun playing games and hanging out with Jeff's family for a very relaxing couple of days. Max really loves going to Grandma and Grandpa's house and playing with his cousins. He'll ask me for days after if we can go back. My favorite new year memory would have to be Jeff's impromptu "passionate kiss" that he planted on me when the clock struck twelve. I was so surprised I was beating him off which apparently looked pretty funny. Most of us were laughing so hard we had tears streaming down our faces.

Yesterday morning we were able to get together for breakfast with our friends Jake and Maren before they head back home to Texas. Then we headed straight to my Mom's house to get together with Seth and Jessica before they went back to Omaha today. Erin, Brian and Ellie were there as well and we had a great time eating pizza and playing games. We were so glad that we got another chance to see them since we don' know when we'll get to see them again.
I've also been trying to get an Etsy store started and it is turning out to be more work than I originally planned. And both Max and Emily have birthdays right around the corner. And we're refinancing our house. And I didn't finish two of my Christmas gifts. (They both still need to be finished and I am having a hard time finding the motivations since I'm a little burned out with crafting and my carpel tunnel has been giving me problems lately.) And we need to buy a new vacuum. (Anyone have any input into a good vacuum?) I feel like life should be more relaxed and easy with Christmas over and it being a new year, but instead I feel crazy! I guess it's just on with life, right?

4 comments:

Lesley said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. We need a vacuum too. I would say that my vacuum "sucks" (I hate that word) but it doesn't. I like the placemat purses you show in your next post. It looks like another craft night :-)

Shannan said...

It sounds like you are busier than before the holidays! I hope you get everything done you need to. And just think, in a couple of months you will get to take a nice relaxing vacation!

Erin said...

Reading about all you have to do makes me feel overwhelmed! Max has pretty good balance to sleep like that. Your gingerbread house was cute. Ellie isn't really interested in doing stuff like that with me yet. She probably would just eat the candy as well. Oh well, maybe next year. Your purses are really cute. You will have to show me how to make them. I am planning on heading down to Lehi tomorrow afternoon. Do you want me to drop off your scrapbook page on my way down or on my way back on Sat? I can always drop it off on Thurs and pick it up on Sat if you are feeling ambitious in getting it done - like you don't already have enough to do right?! Let me know.

Meghan said...

Isn't it funny that we always expect life to slow down a bit after the holidays? But really, when does life ever slow down? Sometimes I wish I had a month off to do whatever I wanted, and then maybe I'd look forward to going to work...maybe. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun during the holidays.