Friday, January 23, 2009

Etsy Shop

Well, I got my Etsy shop up and running at the beginning of the week. I've been in kind of a funk about it, which is why I hadn't posted about it yet, and then I messed up my sewing machine last night when I accidently ran over a pin and was really upset about that because I DO NOT want to have to take it in to get serviced. I only have a few purses in the store right now, but I have so many things I would like to make and want to add. The problem is that I can't afford to go out and buy the materials to make everything I want on the hope that someone will buy it. I was thinking, though, that if any of you out there have something you want me to make for you I could do some custom orders to help get started. I haven't decided if I'm going to sell Emmeline aprons because I would have to get approved by the pattern designer and then pay a yearly fee of $100 to legally do that. And they take a bit of work, so they would end up costing about $45, and I don't know if people would be willing to pay that much. (I think it's kind of a lot, myself.) Some of the things I was thinking about adding were: tote bags, baby blankets and burp rags, diaper bags, placemat purses, etc. If anyone is interested in something like that let me know.

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

Congratulations! I'll have to leave your blog now so I can go check out your shop.

Danielle and Fam said...

I'm interested in diaper bags, and scripture totes....What do you think they'd cost?

Bryan, Natalie, Maya and Little B said...

I know what you mean about not wanting to spend $$$ on supplies for stuff you "hope" people will buy. That's why I went the digital route, no start-up costs. Just time. I need to think about my custom order. I know I want something, because I know you do such quality work, I'll just need to decide what. And as soon as you have sales and feedback, the orders come much more quickly.

Lesley said...

I'm so excited for you. I'm now going to go check out the shop! Good luck!!!

Lesley said...

PS I just commented on my cousins blog to tell him that you used the name he suggested! Very cool.

Erin said...

I hope your sewing machine is okay. I know it isn't cheap to get that thing serviced (just from what you have said in the past). I am excited for you and your new shop. I will definitely be putting my custom order in, but you should already know that since we chatted earlier this week.

BobN said...

Way cool. I'm flattered.

whitewaterwoman said...

Pretty soon you'll have more orders than you can keep up with! First, I'd like a wall hanging about 'Love' and then I'd like some curtains for my house, and then.....;-)

Shannan said...

Jim's mom loves your paisley purse, so I think I am going to buy it on Etsy for her. I think you are going to have a great store. Have you thought about making scripture totes? Those would be cool, too, but I don't know how hard and expensive. Good luck!

Aimee said...

Requests: A cute diaper bag (all of your stuff is cute), and ditto on the scripture case. I can't find anything that will hold not only my scriptures but all my manuals too, plus they are all leather and/or lame.

heather said...

What name did you decide on? I would love some felt play food and some cloth quiet books.