Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mini Mission Reunion

Last night we got to host a little reunion from Jeff's mission. Jeff and his mission companion, Steve (who after their missions became Jeff's roommate), baptized the Rojas family 14 years ago while they were serving in the Tacoma, Washington mission. Today their youngest daughter, Victoria, is going into the MTC. We were so excited to get a chance to see most of the family and to get a chance to see Steve and his family as well.

We had fajitas with Jeff's yummy beans. In fact Jeff really was in charge of this meal and it was delicious. Homemade refried beans, fajita meat, and guacamole all made by Jeff. We had two more people than I was expecting and I was so impressed that we were able to fit 15 people into our kitchen for dinner. We always love it when we get to see the Rojas family. Even though most of the conversation is in Spanish I still feel so welcome and loved.

Jeff and Steve got to spend a few hours talking with our guests while Amy and I took care of the five little ones. I really enjoyed getting a chance to talk to Amy since I've only met her once or twice but feel like I've got to know her so well through blogging. The kids played great together. They jumped on the trampoline, Blake climbed some trees, and they played in Max's room. Max and Alison had a lot of fun playing with the toy kitchen and were so cute "cooking" for each other. Ali would remind Max they needed to say a pray and Max would pour her some "chocolate". It was so fun to see them all having such a great time together.

We had so much fun and can't wait until the next time we get to see everyone!




Jeff and Steve with the Rojas family.






Cruz, Jeff, Rogellio, Steve
Victoria, Veronica, Soccoro, Miguel
Cruz's daughter Vanessa


The Palmer family.

Alison, Steve, Blake, Amy, and Tyler

5 comments:

Meghan said...

That's so great that Jeff still keeps in touch with families from his mission. It sounds like a great night. By the way, I had no idea you had a trampoline. When did that happen?

Ines said...

Jeff must be a great cook - you are very lucky. It's so neat that these companions can see the fruits of their labors. And the story continues...I guess. Isn't the gospel wonderful?

Erin said...

Looks like you guys had a great night together. I am impressed that you fit everyone too. I do envy your dining area but I can't complain too much since ours is sufficient for our needs.

heather said...

Mission reuinions are the best...time can pass and still the relationships stay just as sweet.

Amy K said...

Hi Adrienne! I jumped on to check our your wheat bread, and happily saw the pics with the Rojas. What a fun night. It was fun to be in your home, very comfortable and easy enjoyment. I have always liked Jeff from the first time I met Steve, and you and he both are just good people. We should all get together again soon. Thanks for hosting!