Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Happy Valentine's Day!

We had a great Valentine's Day at our house. Jeff got me the perfect gift (by this I mean something small - we are NOT big into Valentine's Day around here!), yummy chocolate covered strawberries. We spent a fun day hanging out and eating too many treats. Emily loved her chocolate! Max decided he wanted to wear Daddy's apron and then was finally convinced to wear the apron I made him months ago when Jeff's kept falling off. He also had a great time running around with his balloon. (Thanks, Heather!) Then he took some crazy pictures of me with the camera. We had such a fun and silly time together. What a great way to spend the day with the people I love most!
I've been seeing these cute mailboxes on the internet and really wanted to make some for Max and Emmy but didn't want to pay $4 for them. One day when we were killing time at the DI, I found these for 50 cents a piece! I decorated them so that we can pull them out throughout the year if we want, not just on Valentine's Day. Max is at such a fun age for stuff like this and was so excited to open his mailbox and see the treats he got.

10 comments:

Ines said...

These are the cutest mailboxes ever! I swear, you are the most talented person I know.

Lesley said...

The mailboxes are darling! Have you thought of doing a craft blog? You have so many cute ideas and make so many cute things.

Erin said...

I am jealous of your cute mailboxes! If you see anymore in your DI pick some up for me. I don't think our DI has any good finds like that (at least not that I have seen, but I have been able to pick up a few good books for less than $2). Max looks great in his little apron.

Tiffany said...

Sounds like a fun day. Aren't those kind of days the best? I think days like that are days our kids will remember more than "going and doing something type of days."

Danielle and Fam said...

Way cute mailboxes...You are so talented...You wanna pass some talent my way?

Shannan said...

Yay for the D.I. I miss that place. You should start hitting garage/yard sales. I bet you could get some great finds at those. Oh, I guess you have to wait until it warms up. :)

heather said...

Once again you amaze me with the mailboxes! glad the balloon served a good purpose.

Mike & Charity said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike & Charity said...

Those mailboxes are so CUTE! Where can you buy them?

Kelli Proctor said...

oh my goodness! YOu are so cute! THose are awesome! I wish I would take the time to do cute stuff like that! My kids just got cards, cookies and a yummy dinner! You are so talented!