Monday, February 23, 2009

Hittin' the slopes

Max got to go skiing for the first time on Saturday. He did so great! I was a little worried he wouldn't let us put his boots and skis on, which looked pretty probable for a while, or he would freak out when it was time to actually ski. He loved riding the cabriolet, gondola and chair lift. In fact, he asked if we could ride the gondola again about five times. He was so brave and had so much fun skiing with Jeff and Grandma Nancy (his mom's not good enough to ski herself and help a toddler!) and didn't want to take his boots off at the end of the day, which I personally think is crazy because I LOVE taking my ski boots off at the end of the day! He also really enjoyed hanging out with Ellie. It was so fun it actually put me in a skiing mood, which hasn't happened for years. (Too bad I don't love skiing more since I can go for free, right Mom?) Jeff and I are already looking forward to the next time we can take him down the slopes.

6 comments:

Burdick Family said...

How fun! We don't ski, but it looks like you guys had a blast! And little skis are the cutest things ever! Crazy to see pics of snow! I will be back in reality soon! Happy Birthday in a few days! 27 years! :) he he!

Lesley said...

I loved watching the little kids skiing when I was there. They make it look so easy.

whitewaterwoman said...

I still have some lift passes we can use. Just tell me when you want to come to the resort and we'll go skiing again!

Shannan said...

I feel the same way about skiing that you do. I do like to go, but I am not a good skier. But is sounds like Max loved it and maybe with Grandma's help he will end up a fabulous skier!

heather said...

That is too cute! Go MAX!!!

Mike & Charity said...

Oh how fun! I have wanted to take Kadon skiing this winter, but Mike says he's too little. Next year for sure! YAY, Max! Way to go!
P.S. Thanks for the use of the pattern I have cut out the pieces now I just have to sew everything together! I'm way excited!!!!