Monday, October 6, 2008

In the last few days...

I had about eight inches cut off my hair. I've been in need of a haircut for a while and have been wanting to go short again but kept putting it off. With family pictures this weekend and Curtis getting married next week I finally got motivated to get it done. Now I just have to figure out how to get my bangs to look all cute like the lady at the salon did. I'm open to tips or recommendations.


Emily figured out how to pull herself up onto her feet! After spending several weeks getting up to her knees she finally had success. When I walked in her room and saw her standing she had such a proud and excited look on her face.




We had an unexpected visit from Veronica and Victoria Rojas. Jeff (and his missionary companion Steve) taught and baptized the Rojas family about thirteen years ago while serving his mission in Tacoma, Washington. It was so fun to get to spend a few hours catching up with them. I love getting a glimpse into what his life was like for the two years that he was on his mission.


Max played dress up for the first time. I guess it was inevitable with all of his girl cousins that Max would catch the princess fever. The last two times we have gone to the DI he has wanted to hold a princess dress from the costume rack while we are wandering the isles. (We go there about once a week to look for books, puzzles, etc. - it's a cheap way for us to kill a little time.) Well, when we went to my mom's this Sunday for Conference, Ellie had brought her Snow White dress down with her and Max wanted to wear it, too. I think maybe it's time to invest in some boyish play clothes for him.

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

Very, very cute hair!! I like it a lot. Congrats to Emily on pulling herself up. As for boy dress-ups, good luck finding them. They are not AS EASY to find as girl ones.

Danielle and Fam said...

Cute hair cut...you should have donated your hair to locks of love. Next time maybe huh? Can't wait to see you this weekend! Fun times.

Ines said...

Love the hair. Vanessa is growing hers, too, so she can donate it.

Lesley said...

I love your hair. A couple of years ago I bought my grandsons batman and superman capes at the farmer's market in WB. You might try them.

Shannan said...

I can't believe you cut that much off! It looks good. I wish I had tips on the bangs thing. I still can't figure mine out. What was I thinking?

I hope Jeff isn't freaking out about Max dressing up like a princess. One year for Christmas, I just went to the D.I. and found a bunch of old clothes that looked like dress up clothes for the girls. You can find a lot of cool stuff there. I always had great finds at the Layton D.I.

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

SO cute!! You always have great hair. Your kids are getting so big!! I love the dress up, when Luke was about that age Cassie dressed him up in her dresses and took pictures too. Now he couldn't be more boy!! So fun!

heather said...

I thought yout hair was very cute today...it looks great! We have SOOOO many pics of Caleb in girl dress ups the fun has just begun. Next time you go to the DI give me a call, we haven't been in a long time! Have you tried Savers?

Ines said...

I like your hair like that. and Emily looks adorable!! Anyways... I have a tip for your bangs. First, I would part your hair farther over to the side. Then take your bangs and rat them a lot. Lightly brush through them after that. That's how I always do mine, though they go flat after a while. Hopefully that works! -Vanessa

Maren said...

I have no suggestions for hair. I can't even do my own. I'm proud of everyone else for at least attempting, because I've given up.
I love that picture of Max in a princess dress. What a crack up. He has no idea how much embarrassment fuel he is giving you for when he's 16 and those dates come on in to meet you. Leverage.
Places like Party City have some boy dress up things I think. Fun hats, at least. Get him a battle helmet to go with the princess dress. :)