Thursday, October 16, 2008

For Time and all Eternity

Curtis and Alese were married yesterday in the Logan Temple. It was such a beautiful ceremony, one of the most beautiful I've ever been to. Because they got married two days before our fifth anniversary, in the same temple we did, it really made me think back to my own perfect wedding day. As the sealer was talking about the covenants we make when we get married and the blessings that come from a celestial marriage, I sat next to Jeff with his arm around me and felt such gratitude for our marriage and our two beautiful children. I often wonder why I have been so blessed and am so grateful for my little family that I love so much. Even though Max was running all over the flower beds and being a little stinker about pictures after the ceremony, I still felt like I had a sense of gratitude that stuck with me the rest of the day.


Curtis and Alese had decided not to have a reception, so after the wedding lunch we went out to Jeff's parents house. It was such a perfect fall day, a little chilly, but bright and sunny with some fall leaves on the ground. We spent the day talking, laughing, and enjoying each others company. It was so great to have a day in the middle of the week to spend with family. And, of course Bill's garden is still blessing the whole family. We brought home Max and Emily's pumpkins, several squash and a couple of bags of potatoes. Yum!! Max was so excited this morning to see his pumpkin and has been looking at and carrying the pumpkins around the house all day. I feel blessed in so many ways and happy to be a part of my own little eternal family!

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Beautifully written post. It is great when we have those moments/times when we are reminded how much we are truly blessed

Meghan said...

I think your family picture is so cute. You guys have one good looking family. And your hair is really cute too. I'm glad you were able to be reminded of what your wedding day was like so close to your anniversary, which reminds me- Happy Anniversary!

Shannan said...

What a perfect day. I love those glimpses about what life is really all about. Happy Anniversary tomorrow!

heather said...

Hope you two had a WONDERFUL anniversary!

Danielle and Fam said...

I have forgotten how magnificent the Logan Temple is. You all look so cute!

whitewaterwoman said...

I'm glad you had an enjoyable day at Curtis' wedding. Days like that are wonderful reminders about the purpose of this life. I'm also glad you married into a good family. That is blessing is priceless!

Erin said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you got to do something fun together over the weekend. How nice of Curtis to plan his wedding to help you celebrate and remember your special day.