Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Craft Tag

My friend tagged me to post a fun craft idea. (Sorry it's taken me a while to get mine posted, Kathryn!) :) I love this tag, because who can't use some good craft ideas, especially with Christmas coming?!
Anyway here are the rules:
1. Post a project that you have been working on lately or some thing you want to start soon.
2. Include pictures, a few instructions on how to make your fun project/craft idea, or a link to where you found the idea.
3. Then tag a few people to do the same!!

I'm doing my post on fabric covered buttons. If you haven't seen these before, they are so fun and so easy! You don't really need instructions - you'll find them on the package of buttons and they are super easy to make. The fun thing about these is that you can then turn them into magnets, push pins, pony tail holders, etc. The button part is removable, so you can take it out really easily with some pliers to make the magnets and push pins. (The ones I bought online had the option of a flat back or a button loop on the back.) I'm thinking of stamping little images on some plain muslin for some cute holiday magnets (probably for gifts) and am planning on also using them for embelishments on scrapbook pages and cards. You can buy them at the fabric store or online, which is actually cheaper if you want to buy more than just a few, and they come in about five different sizes. I'm tagging Erin, Shelly, Shannan, Tiffany, Meghan, Ines and anyone else who has a fun project or craft idea they want to share.

5 comments:

heather said...

You are so talented and crafty...wish I had that natural ability, but there are plenty of people to live vicariously through! :) You should try selling stuff on etsy.

Burdick Family said...

I seriously needed your phone number for Halloween! I wanted to call you on Monday to see if you could make something for my kids costumes, but I didn't have your number so I found some things, but next time I want to be able to call so e-mail me your #. I do love your new haircut. You guys look cute at the wedding. Did you get your pics back from Natalie yet?

Shannan said...

I might take a while to come up with something. I don't really have anything coming to mind. Ahhh! Cute idea, by the way. I think I want to try to make the magnets!

Erin said...

Super cute! It will go on my list of crafts to do. Hopefully it doesn't just sit there.

Shelly said...

I definately want to play along...such a cute tag idea...hmmm what to make...loved your idea!