Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Those Silly, Quirky Kids!

I've been tagged twice in the last little while to post seven quirky things about myself, and try as I might I cannot think of one single thing to write. I am sure that I have some quirky things that I do, but my brain will just not function to help me recall them. Instead I've decided to write some quirky things about my two little squirts. Here goes:

- One of Emily's bum cheeks is bigger than the other one. (related side note: Emily has the cutest, chubby bum which is a little out of place on her not chubby body and I think I'm a little obsessed with how cute it is.)

- Max has become very particular about what he is wearing to the point that he has even begun to outright refuse to wear one particular orange stripped shirt anymore. If his outfit looks a little strange it's because he picked it out himself. This is one battle I'm choosing not to fight.

- Emily doesn't really laugh very often. Instead she does a kind of "huffing" sound when she's excited about something.

- Max dips his vitamin in whatever we are having for breakfast that day, whether it's eggs, oatmeal, pancakes, etc.

- Sometimes when Emily cries she blows raspberries at the same time.

- Max really likes to use his utensils, so if he is having a hard time spearing food with his fork, he'll pick it up with his hands and stick it on his fork instead of just putting it in his mouth.

- I'm not sure if all kids do this, but both of my kids like to get in this position when they are in the crawling phase. I like to say they are doing their yoga.

3 comments:

Shannan said...

I think the fact that you are obsessed with how cute Emily's chubby bum is something that is quirky about you!

Tiffany said...

Luke was THE PICKIEST child ever about clothes. It was horrible. He still is way more picky about his clothes than either of my girls!!

Meghan said...

I know one quirk we share- you have to have clean feet to go to bed. I remember when we would go river rafting and you would go to the river, wash your feet, put lotion on, and then put socks on to make sure your feet didn't get dirty. I think that's pretty quirky. Your two kids have a lot of quirks too. But that's what makes us all so fun!