Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend, Part 1


We spent Sunday with Jeff's family up in Box Elder county. We went out to the cemetery by Bill and Deanne's house to put flowers on Jeff's sister's grave. She died when Deanne was eight months pregnant with her and would have been the same age as me. Jeff's family puts flowers on her grave every Memorial Day.

The cemetery where she is buried has a beautiful view of the Bear River. The Tremonton area is such a pretty, peaceful place with lots of open fields and farm land.

Here's Jeff's older brother Brian with two of his kids, Justin and Chloe. Since the cemetery is less than a mile from Jeff's parent's house, they took the opportunity to ride one of the four wheelers.

Jeff's sister Marianne helped me keep Max wrangled while Jeff was taking care of Emily and I was taking photos. One of the things I love about blogging is that it is making me a lot more conscious about documenting what is going on in our lives. As a result I am always watching for opportunities to take photos.

Max had been having some issues with going to the bathroom the last couple of months. This is the position he assumes when he's occupied with this task.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

It's nice to have family live so close. That's great you were able to be with Jeff's family one day and with our family the next.

Ines said...

Great pics and fun memories! You're so lucky to have both families relatively close. I love rainy weather, so this was the weekend for me.

Maren said...

Oh my goodness, I laughed so hard when I saw that last picture. That is one of the best teenage bribe pictures I've ever seen.