Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Enjoying the Unexpected

I have decided that sometimes the best trips are unexpected and unplanned. They just happen spur of the moment, with a whirl of packing (with a baby, you always have to pack, even if it's only for half a day) before you head out the door. We hadn't planned on doing anything special today, but we ended up taking off right after lunch to go and visit two of my friends from my home town. It was fun to just hang out with some friends that I haven't seen in a while or very often in the last ten years and get to spend a little time gabbing about everyday life. My friend Apreal had a baby boy, Carson, two days before I had Emily so we had to get some photos of the two little cuties. Max, of course, found some cars and planes to drag around, even making a line of cars in the toy room. I didn't happen to get a photo of the two oldest kids, but the two little princesses are Apreal and Raquel's second kids, Kimberly and Bailey. It was a great day, and all the more fun because it was so unexpected.

3 comments:

Ines said...

I couldn't agree more. I love unplanned great days. I'm glad you got to hook up with long-time friends.

Palmers said...

That's funny, I just posted on that same subject. I love unexpected fun times, and agree with you about packing up the kids.

Danielle and Fam said...

I'm jealous I wasn't part of the fun...I guess that's the price of living far. Hope you had fun and I want to plan something for the summer.