Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A nerdy confession:

Recently Jeff and I have gotten hooked on "Battlestar Galactica". Jeff's co-worker owns the first three seasons (they're on the fourth and final season right now) and had lent Jeff the first disc. We watched it a couple of Saturdays ago and, if gas prices weren't so high, there's a good possibility that I would have sent Jeff to go get the next disc the following day. Instead I had to settle for Jeff calling him Sunday to ask if he would bring the rest of the disks to work on Monday. In some ways it really brings back my days of watching reruns of "Star Trek: the Next Generation" with my brother at ten every night, although I wouldn't really say the shows are very similar. In case you had any doubts that the creator of this show was a nerd, he has invented his own swear word, which still makes me laugh half of the time they use it. The up side to this, though, is that the swearing isn't really an issue, which is nice since it is a Sci-Fi network show. (You do need to watch out for the love scenes.) If your a fan of "LOST", you will probably really like this show. It has a lot of suspense, mystery and good dialog that make it really fun to watch. I always love it when Jeff and I have a show that we can watch together after the kids are in bed. Now we just have to work on moderation so that we still get enough sleep!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Hmmm...I can't really say that I have ever really heard anything about this show. I'm glad you have something you enjoy watching together. While I am thinking about it, do you want me to do your kit club page this month? I can email you a photo of the papers and you can tell me which layout to use or I can just do it kind of like I did mine (I can send a photo of this as well). Let me know.

Meghan said...

I know what you mean about watching a show in moderation. I found 'Veronica Mars' at the library, and Jay and I watched the first season in 6 days! We stayed up way too late every night, but we couldn't help it. I haven't heard too much about Battlestar Galactica, but maybe we'll try it out. We haven't ever watched LOST so I don't know how into it we would get. Probably too much!

Shannan said...

So, I guess it is really good! I know a lot of LOST fans who love this show. I guess I will have to give it a try. By the way, where did you get the pictures from? I need to find a place where I can find random pictures to use on my blog.

adrienne said...

I just use Google to find pictures. I go to images up in the top left corner of the Google page and then search what I'm looking for. Also, Jeff and I did the same thing with "Veronica Mars". That is another show that I would definitely recommend. It is one of my favorite shows and we own the first two seasons (there are only three) if anyone wants to borrow them! :)