Monday, August 18, 2008

random weekend pics

We didn't really do anything that exciting over the weekend, but I wanted to post some cute pictures of the kids so you'll have to bear with me. (Or skip it all together, I guess! :) )


We went to the park right by our house with Ellie Friday night while we were watching her. She and Max had a fun time running after each other and up and down the toys. (That's really all the little kids can do at our park. We just got new park toys a couple of months ago and it is basically four different kind of monkey bars, a completely vertical rock wall, and this bouncy thing they are sitting on. After being so excited to get new toys I was pretty angry. Where's our slide!?!)
I got some really pretty pictures of Ellie but, of course, couldn't get Max to lift his head up or look at me. What a stinker! And what a beauty Ellie is!

Max is looking pretty stylin' in this old pair of sunglasses he likes to grab out of the back closet.

Emily had her first cake on Saturday at our annual neighborhood "Eat in the Street". She's probably a little young, but she was so fussy unless I was putting cake in her mouth! ;) We had quite a bit leftover, so she got some more after dinner on Sunday and I just let her have at it and make a big old mess. (I'm normally a bit of a neat freak when it comes to food.)


Emily took her first bath in the big tub tonight! She loved splashing in the water and being able to play with toys and Max loved having someone to play with for bath time. Unlike Max, she has loved bath time since she was born. (Max screamed for the first three or so weeks the entire time he was being washed, dried, lotioned, and dressed. Jeff always said he didn't mind because at least we knew why he was crying. So much of the time we had no idea.)

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Cute pics! Yummy cake-I'm glad Emily got to enjoy it too. I'm happy for Max he has a play buddy in the tub. My kids love tub time together. In fact, Luke and Ellie wish they could still bathe together, but I put an end to it (because of their ages and their troubles!)

Erin said...

Emily looks so content eating cake. You gotta love Max's sunglasses. Thanks for watching Ellie for us. You will have to send me the pics you took. We are supposed to be getting a park by us and it better be more than monkey bars and for sure better have a slide or the city is going to have a lot of angry mothers beating down their door.

Shannan said...

That is so crazy about your park. I wonder if the people who decided on those toys even have kids. It is probably so nice to be able to bath your kids all at once, now. It is so much easier to do it together, except now our tub gets jam packed if we try to put everyone in it. Luckily, Kaitlyn and Rachael can pretty much do their own thing, which makes it so nice!

Meghan said...

Those are cute pictures! I can't wait to see you guys in a week. I'd be upset about the park, too. Whatever happened to being 'kid friendly'? And I hate to say it, but Emily is looking more and more like Jeff every month. Not that that is a bad thing, just that I was hoping she'd look like you since Max is a miniature Jeff already.

Shelly said...

How sad that your park is lacking a slide?!?! What kindof a park is that??? It looks like they still had fun though...I loved all your cute pictures, Emily is getting so big! She's a cutie...so is Max!

heather said...

I agree and what exactly is that bouncy thing...Todd is the only one that had a fun on it. The park is sure better than it use to be! We tried it out last night.

Lesley said...

Thanks for the tip about the pattern. I just got back from buying it. I need to make Caitlin's "Les Mis" costume and then I want to make a purse. I think they're so cute. Caitlin was with me when I bought the pattern and has already said, "I want one."