Saturday, August 2, 2008

6 Months Old


Our little Emmy turned six months old this week! It sure seems like she is growing up fast. I have to admit there is a part of me that can't wait for her to start walking and talking and feeding herself. I keep reminding myself to enjoy the baby phase because it is going to be gone before I know it. She is such a sweet little girl, every time I look at her I just want to squeeze her and give her kisses all over her cute little face. She has the biggest smile I have ever seen. She looks like she is trying to eat you because she opens her mouth up so wide. I've been trying to get a picture of it, but haven't had much luck so this will have to do. She rolls all over the place and loves to coo and squeal. I'm hoping that she'll learn to sit on her own soon so that we can move away from carrying the car seat in the store and can start giving her baths in the big tub. She's already eating solids like a pro and I am down to only nursing four times a day. I get comments all the time about how much she looks like Jeff. We already thought we had a little mini Jeff when we had Max, so it is amazing to me that she looks even more like him than Max does. We have concluded that Jeff has super dominant genes so my kids will probably all look like they are Jeff's little mini-me. It's amazing to me how much I love these little kids of mine! It's so hard to imagine after your first that you can love another person as much as you love them and then here comes the next kid and your capacity for love just keeps growing by leaps and bounds. We feel so blessed to have this little sweetie in our family!!

For those who care: She was 15 lbs. 4 oz. (40%) and 26 in. long (60%) at her checkup. Of course her head was in the 75th percentile. I think it's safe to say we are going to have large headed children! :)

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

My last 3 kids-barely made it on the charts for their head sizes!

Ines said...

She's so cute. I just love this stage. Actually I love all the infant stages.

heather said...

She looks so tall and big I really can't beleive it. We have big heads too. It makes getting dressed pretty interesting!

Corine said...

She's an adorable baby! And Max has grown up so much. I hope we get to see you guys this summer. Just to let you know Tyler got his mission call to Guatemala City South. He leaves Oct. 15.