Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sweet Moments

Tonight I had one of those sweet moments that make motherhood so precious and worth all of the hard and frustrating times. I had enrichment tonight, so I wasn't home when the kids went to bed. When I got home Max was still up and making quite a bit of noise, so after a while I went in to check on him and make sure he wasn't messy or thirsty or something. After I got his dinosaur blankie from downstairs (I was informed the minute I opened his door that, "Blankie's downstairs!") and checked his diaper I snuggled with him on his bed and we sang "Hush, little baby" together while we held hands. I have very happy memories of my dad singing me this song when I was a little girl and I often sing it to my children at bedtime. This is the first time Max has sung along with me and I loved hearing him sing most of the words. After we sang it through a couple of times we whispered, "I love you so much" to each other several times. I wish that I could hold on to moments like this forever.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Very tender! Those kind of moments make up for all the not-so tender times! Thanks for Enrichment...hope it went well.

Maren said...

:)