Saturday, August 2, 2008

A much needed vacation

After a summer of doing nothing but sitting home and Jeff working a lot of overtime (including the 4th and 24th of July) we finally got to go have some family fun this week! This past Thursday through Saturday we went camping with Jeff's family up Left Hand Fork in Blacksmith Fork Canyon (Cache County). Our campsite was really pretty with a stream right next to it. The kids all had a great time splashing and floating around in the water while the adults sat on camp chairs, soaking their feet and chatting. We got to go four wheeling, hang around the campfire, fish (for Bill,Mike and Marianne), and just enjoy spending time with family.

Jeff and I were a little nervous about how the kids would do sleeping in a tent together but they both did great. Max slept like a brick in his sleeping bag. He would just bury himself all the way down in so you couldn't even see his head most of the time. Emily would have slept straight through both nights except her paranoid mom had to check and make sure she was breathing when she hadn't made a peep all night and ended up waking her up at about 5:30 am the first night. Now hopefully they can sleep that good next month when we go camping with my family!

We had to play the game, "What will Curtis eat with CheeseWiz" since Matt and Sherry missed it a couple of years ago. It seems like Curtis is always providing some kind of entertainment when he's around. Some of the things he ate: chocolate cake, lettuce, pineapple, grapes, raisins, pink salad, tomato, and a cookie. Jeff thinks Max takes after his Uncle Curtis when it comes to his eating.

My only regret was that we couldn't stay longer. We had a great time and it was a much needed break for our family!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm very jealous! I'm bummed we never made it camping this summer. But I'm not sure how 4 kids in the same tent would do!!!

Ines said...

I need a break, too! This looks like so much fun. I love nature. If we just mention hiking our kids have a fit. I think we'll wait until it cools down a little and then just make them come.

Shannan said...

This makes me very excited for the end of the month. I am glad the kids slept well for you. Can't wait until we get to escape this heat and try our own new tent. Not much longer!

Meghan said...

It looks like you had a great time. I'm glad that Max and Emily did so well on the trip. I'm getting excited for our trip. Is it Labor Day yet?

Lesley said...

I just tagged you...check my blog for instructions :-)