Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Another Tagarooni

My sister Meghan has tagged me to reveal ten things that you may not know about me.

1. I used to daydream all the time (and still do occasionally), even when I was in college. I’m not sure if that goes along with having a very active imagination and I love for Sci-Fi and Fantasy novels, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it did.


2. I’ve always wanted to have auburn hair like Anne of Green Gables. (I would love it if it was curly as well.)

3. When I was in college I was obsessed (infatuated, enraptured, whatever you want to call it) with a guy I was in band with. When I look back on this it is pretty embarrassing, but I think it turned out to be a very growing experience for me. I still have this fear that I’m going to run into him again someday.

4. When I was five I drew a book about ducks and had my dad write down the words to the story, exactly as I told him.

5. I’ve been skinny dipping several times. (This does not include bathing on the river.) One time I was skinny dipping out at Deer Creek with my friends Amy, Kara, and Katherine and we got caught by a couple of guys. Luckily they took off after we kept yelling at them to leave. We had to call Kara back though, because when they showed up she took off across the reservoir to the other side.

6. When I was in highschool I had a hard time keeping a job. I worked at Western Watts for a total of one day before I quit and only lasted two weeks at Burger King.

7. My favorite book when I was a teenager was “Ender’s Game” by Orson Scott Card. (He’s still my favorite author.) I read this book for the first time when I was a very impressionable 7th grader and it had a huge impact on me. I wouldn’t say that I loved Ender, but he was more than just a character in a book to me. I think that I wanted to be like him or at least meet him, which of course would never happen. Outside of the gospel, he was one of the biggest influences on me and who I became.

8. Two of my favorite classes where geometry in junior high and deductive logic in college. This probably should have been a clue to me that I do really well with very logical, left brain type of stuff.

9. The last talk I gave in church was when I was in high school. All I remember is crying and saying a bunch of nonsense that I don’t think made any coherent sense whatsoever. I think this experiences cemented my terror of talking in church so much that I have turned down every other opportunity I’ve been offered. The last time I was asked to talk in church was right after Jeff and I got engaged. They asked both of us to talk and Jeff was so disappointed in me when I told them no that I promised I would talk in church the next time I was asked. I have never been asked since and am living in dread of when I finally do get asked. I keep trying to tell Jeff that I’m a liar so that he won’t make me keep my promise. We’ll see.

10. When I was young my older sisters liked to torture me. They would tie my pajamas together and spit loogies on my face. Once they told me to get a penny out of the toilet and then give me a swirly. To be fair, I wasn’t the only one that was tortured in our family. We used to pants my brother, Seth, and we would roll my sister Lauren up in a blanket and twirl her around in complete circles while she was kicked and screamed.

6 comments:

Meghan said...

I love reading all these things about you, and some of them I didn't even know! Thanks for answering all my tags.

Shannan said...

So now I want to know who the guy in band was that you liked so much, so fess up! I didn't know some of those things either! Sorry about all the torture. I don't think kids think too much about people other than themselves. Otherwise, I am sure I would have treated you and everyone else a lot better.

Erin said...

Yeah, I'm sorry too although you did get me back - remember the black eye? And I think someone from your ward is going to read this and tip off the Bishopric so I have a feeling you won't be too safe from speaking in church for much longer. Thinking about it is much worse than just doing it and getting it over with.

heather said...

That is an awesome post..I must say I too had a crush with a guy in a band. And I too was spit on by my older sister. Classic. I however am not near as smart or crafty...will you teach me how to applique? Seriously?!

Ines said...

Skinny dipping eh? I will never look at you the same way. I hope my girls won't read this post. They'll get funny ideas...

Tiffany said...

Very fun to read. I too was very infatuated with a guy in college (not in band), and have some embarrassing memories of that time- I ALWAYS worry that I will see him somewhere.
Hope you don't end up having to give a talk in church! The type of things you used to do to your sister, my brother and I used to do to our cat! I would beat my kids if they did anything like that to a sibling or animal... Where were our parents? :)