Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Can Emmy play?


Recently Max has been wanting Emily to play with him. He wants her to ride his tricycle while he rides his car, or he wants her to play with him in his play tunnels and tents. Emily is not to thrilled about that last one, so I have to explain to Max over and over that she doesn't like being in the tunnels so she doesn't have to play in there with him. I don't think he can wrap his little two year old, egocentric mind around that concept. :) I have to keep an eye on him because he thinks that it is great fun to play the game "lay on top of Emily". I have to admit that I think it's pretty cute when he says, "Emmy Boo ride the tricycle!" I'm excited for her to get a little older so that I don't have to prop her up on the tricycle and push her around after Max. (Although this is a good exercise for the backs of my legs!) It will be fun when they can actually play together!


4 comments:

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

Cute, I love watching my kids play together. It warms my heart.
Hey, how is it going with your sugar-free diet? I'm thinking about going chocolate-free for awhile but I'm scared... I love chocolate.

Ines said...

I can't believe how much she looks like Jeff. I think it's so cute that Max wants her to play with him. After Dexter was born, Bianca quickly earned the nick name of "Crusher", because we constantly found her laying on top of her baby brother. So I guess that's probably kind of normal.

Shannan said...

I bet that is exhausting pushing her around on the tricycle bending over like that. It sounds like they are on their way to being good friends. Just give Emmy about another year and they will be playing together like best buddies. (Maybe Emily doesn't want to be in the play tent because of Max marking his territory!)

whitewaterwoman said...

Max sure loves to be chased by the tricycle. That's all he likes me to do when I come to visit. It won't be long before Emily, that's EMILY, not EMMY. You keep forgetting some of the letters in her name. (grin) will be running after Max. And oh the mischief they will get into then!