Friday, July 18, 2008

Catchin' up on crafts

One of my goals lately is to finish all of the craft projects that have built up over the last couple of years. I'm trying to get to the point where I do a project soon after I buy the stuff for it, not years later. One of the things I've been working on is Emily's bedroom. Until the last couple of weeks it still had a few things of Max's in there so I wanted to make it feel like her room. I mod podged some cute paper on some craft letters from Roberts and had so much fun I decided to use the leftover paper to make her some picture frames. I also did a couple of little projects to fill up the shelves in the nursery finally. (I've been meaning to do that since Max was born. I guess better late than never!) I'm not really thrilled with how the star pillow turned out, so it might be a do-over, we'll see.
I've also recently finished the pillows for the window seat in our living room. I finished the seat cushion about six months ago. (This project has also been in the works for a couple of years.) I figured it was time to get all of those pillows sewn and out of my storage room. Now we just need to paint the family room so that there isn't a couch sitting in front of all of that hard work! :)
I also made Max a clock to go with his new bedroom. My next projects are to finally do the touch up painting and finishing work on Max's room, paint the upstairs hall and the family room, paint the baseboards and wainscot in the entry way and kitchen that are finally installed (yeah!), and make the quilt for our bed. Piece of cake!!

11 comments:

Shannan said...

You need to add a few more things to that list. I don't think you have enough to do! I love you little projects, especially the picture frames.

Maren said...

Way to go! On everything. I love the star pillow. I'm honestly impressed. I wouldn't dare make anything that wasn't a square or a rectangle.

Meghan said...

Oh my gosh. Where did you learn to do all of that, like make a clock? I always knew you were crafty but I don't think I ever realized how much talent you have until recently. I definitely need to take a few lessons from you, especially since we are moving into a one bedroom apartment as soon as we get it painted. I want to make a slip cover for Mom's old green couches she gave us and make curtains. I'm sure you could do that in your sleep, so any advice you can give I will gladly take.

Tiffany said...

WOW! I am VERY impressed. I would love to do stuff like that and just never do. I should start...

whitewaterwoman said...

At least you've completed your projects in a couple of years. I've still got the material to make curtains to match my couch and chairs from 1995! Maybe I should hire you to sew my curtains and sew pillows for my window seat when I get moved!

Ines said...

Wow Adrienne! What do you mean you need to fix the star pillow? It looks perfect to me - everything looks fabulous!! I LOVE your window seat. It looks so inviting!

Erin said...

Everything looks so good. Maybe you need to head up here to help me with my unfinished projects with all your spare time :)!

Shelly said...

Look at you Miss Crafty!! I LOVE all your projects..Emily's room decor is so cute and so is Max's clock...I absolutely love your window seat and pillows---you need to come decorate MY house!!

Anne-Marie said...

THOSE are ADORABLE!! i like the star pillow and LOVE Max's clock! well done!

heather said...

Holy cow! You are the crafting woman...do you want to help me decorate my kids' rooms?

Burdick Family said...

Adrienne! those are so cute! Maybe we could have a craft day together sometime and you could show me how to mod podge. SO CUTE!