Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Trying my hand at applique


Recently I have stumbled onto some really cute craft blogs that have got my head full of so many fun and unique projects that I want to try out. One of the things I have seen several places is appliquéd onesies for baby gifts. They looked so cute and pretty easy and since I have a friend who is having a baby, and I love it when I can make a gift for someone, I thought I would give it a try. I made this little dinosaur tonight for my neighbor, Olga, and am all ready planning my next one to go with the other pair of pants I got for my other neighbor, Brittney. I am also planning on making some for my cute little Emily. So cute and so easy!! If you are interested in finding out how to make your own, check out this blog for some general instructions.

6 comments:

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

I love your onsie! That blog is my next door neighbor. She is awesome. It's great to have her as a friend because sometimes I get to enjoy the fruits of her labors.

Shannan said...

How cute! You are so crafty. I think your onesie turned out great and what a great idea for personalized unique baby gifts.

Ines said...

My gosh! Is there anything you can't do? This is so cute!

Stecky said...

That is so cute! I think yo are very talented. If I tried something like that, it would look like a mad dog or something. You will have to show me some of your stuff"in person".

Meghan said...

That is super cute! I'll have to have you tell me how to do it someday when I have another baby shower to go to. You are extremely talented!

whitewaterwoman said...

I never did do any applique when I used to sew. I am glad you enjoy sewing and are learning new skills. Sewing is a lost art these days.