Sunday, March 2, 2008

1 Month and Counting!


I can't believe that Emily is all ready one month old! It seems like the time has flown by and yet it is also hard to imagine our family without her. It's amazing how much can change in just one month! In some ways it's been hard because I like my sleep (let me rephrase that, I LOVE my sleep) and you don't get much of that with a newborn in the house. Also, trying to adjust to having two children and the constant feeding and changing that you do with a newborn has been a little tough. It's been interesting and frustrating at times trying to run errands with two kids. Getting out of the house seems like it takes at least an hour of preparation. We feel very lucky that Max loves his little sister so much right now. We'll see how long it lasts! I was worried he would be very jealous and he's hard enough just by virtue of being a two year old and by being Max. We do have to watch out for him because he loves to give Emily hugs, which to him means laying on top of her, or to touch her face or grab her hands. He's never been very good with the concept of being gentle and soft, but hopefully he'll get there eventually. It's been a crazy, wonderful month and I'm looking forward to the next one!

5 comments:

Shannan said...

I love that first picture of Emily! I can see her giving Max that look when his is throwing one of his tantrums. I can't believe it has been a month already. Time sure flies!

Meghan said...

Emily really looks a lot like Jeff in that picture! I love all the dark hair. I bet she's so fun just to snuggle with. I can't wait to see her someday...

Ines said...

Please clarify: Are you looking forward to the next month or the next baby? :)
She's so cute you guys, and Max looks like he's going to be a great big brother. Can't wait to see Emily in person.

Shelly said...

She is so cute!! Time does fly way too fast I agree, I am sad we missed you on Monday...Holly actually had a baby and we went to see her...call next time your up and hopefully we can meet! I want to see this little baby while she's still little!!! :)

heather said...

Very cute blog! Emily looks exactly like her daddy. Any scrapbooking nights coming up? I have not touched anything for over a year.