Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Random Stuff

We haven't really done anything eventful in the last few days so I thought I would just post some recent pictures of random happenings in our life.
I went out of the room for a minute the other day and came back to find that Max was trying to share his football with Emily while she was sleeping.
It is often amusing the things that Max will do with his toys. I looked over today and watched as he positioned his blanket very carefully over Hobbes and himself and then sat with his hands on his knees staring at the wall.
I was trying the get a photo of Emily smiling, but of course whenever I pull out the camera all she does is stare at it like, "What's that?". This was the best I could do, but I'm sure I'll get a picture of her smiling one of these days. If you haven't noticed, her hair tends to stick straight up on the top of her head. Usually it's just in the back, but sometimes she gets a full blown Mohawk. I think it's pretty cute and call her my Buckwheat Baby.
Ah, the yearly ritual of raking up all the cursed pine needles that fall all over our front yard. I hate this tree because it is constantly covering my yard with pine needles and a ridiculous amount of pine cones. I have to rake up the needles about three times a year and then we have to try and figure out how to get rid of them because they won't all fit in the garbage can at one time. It's impossible to get all the needles because they get stuck in every bush, flower, and weed in the yard. We're hoping that it won't drop so many once we get rid of the bug infestation that it has, but so far all the spraying doesn't seem to have made a difference in the amount of needles it drops. The one redeeming thing about this tree is the great shade we get, especially in the summer, which is why we'll never chop it down even though I hate it!

7 comments:

Ines said...

Your kids are so cute! Max is so thoughtful to share his ball with his little sister. What a sweetheart!
We have 3 pine trees in our back yard, and even though they poke us when we mow the lawn, we love them. I love trees, esp. here in Utah, where they are so sparse.

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

Okay, this may seem silly but seeing the pic of your front yard makes me home sick!
I love the picture of Max on the stairs, so cute and Emily is a doll! So sweet of Max to share his football with her. :)

Erin said...

I can't believe how big Emily is getting. Just be glad you can do some raking - our yard is still half covered in snow. I am excited to hang out on Easter together.

Meghan said...

I had no idea that tree caused so many problems. But at least it has one kind of redeeming quality. Emily and Max are as cute as ever. It's good to see that Max is still doting on Emily. What a good big brother!

Shannan said...

That tree reminds me of just about every house we have lived in. It seems there is always a tree that has prickly pods it drops, or cherries that attrack bees, or big annoying pods that fall as soon as the wind blows just a little. It's good you can remind yourself of the good things about it. I think your front yard looks nice! And your kids are sweet, too. I love Emily's hair!

Shelly said...

Your pictures are so cute, Emily is a doll!! And I love all the fun things Max seems to be up to! That football is as big as your baby! Good thing it looked soft...I'm jealous you've already been outside doing yard work, I suppose we could but we still have a few lingering piles of sludgy snow...I am so ready for SPRING!

Meghan said...

By the way, I love the new background. I tried getting a new one from the cute blog link you have one yours and couldn't get it to work. Yours looks good!